Friday 4 March 2011

Making my '100 Years' form...

I thought that the best way to go with this poster would be the obvious way, making a paper form that simply said '100', but I didnt want it to look too simple. I looked back at some of my sketches and paper methods from the previous task to see what could transpire well into this '100 year' form.

Origami is where I ended up and for the 0's of my '100' I folded 72 separate triangles that slotted together to make 6 indiviual rings which I then stuck together to create two 0's.
For the number 1 in my '100' I reused a method I had utalised in task 1 and then developed it in my sketchbook to get the best form that would tie in well with the '0' forms.






I needed to try the form for the number 1 a few times because the paper I first used wasn't white enough and the second time the paper was too thick, but when I got a piece that matched, I cut some windows in the form so that you could see the layer behind which helped tie it in with the '0' forms.



No comments:

Post a Comment