Friday 4 March 2011

Making my 3D paper sculpture...

To start, I had to create the three sphere shapes that are inspired by cherries.

  • Firstly I used a stencil to draw sixty equilateral triangles on two different shades of red paper leaving space to create the tabs which will stick the individual pieces together.
  • Once the shapes had been cut out and the edges trimmed I needed to score the tabs so that they would bend easily.
  • Next I simply glued the tabs together to create three balls.




For the next part of my 3D sculpture I had to create the component that was inspired by geometric leaves.

  • Using methods that I had learnt in the workshop I folded paper different sized paper sheets into these leaf forms.
  • I folded the paper irregularly to create a natural variation and used black and white paper to make more of a contrast between the light and dark.



No comments:

Post a Comment